Hacks on the Weisner Building (E15)
Many people at MIT have observed that the Weisner building, the home of the MIT Media Lab with its white tiles and rounded corners looks like a bathroom that has been turned inside-out. Consequently, the large cement sculpture to the left of the building has often been called the "toilet paper holder".
These attributes have given hackers several opportunities for hacks.
- 2010 Upside-Down Lounge appears near the Media Lab
- 2007 Larger-than-life board games around campus
- 2007 Yellow cranks around campus
- 1995 Scrubbing Bubbles on Media Lab
- 1994 Pei Toilet on the Media Lab
- 1989 Rotated Colored Squares on Media Lab Wall
- 1989 "Push Core for New Roll" Banner on Media Lab Sculpture